Introduction to WikIT
WikIT is here to help in taming the torrent of information that knowledge workers have to deal with daily. It’s for individuals, small businesses and even large enterprises.
User comments suggest that we may be getting something right: ”Oh!Wow!Thanks a ton!! :)”; “what a phenomenal resource”; ”way cool“; “VERY helpful! Thank you!!!”; ”helpful mindmapping info“; “All you ever wanted to know about mind mapping software but were afraid to ask http”. (See “Satisfied users” below)
WikIT main areas
Wikis are very text oriented. If you can’t find the right hyperlink or think of the right phrase to search for, the information you want might just as well not be there.
WikIT uses mind maps as an added navigation layer as you’ll see on the right. Click on one of the links below the mind map image and you will be able to interact with the map in Flash or Acrobat. This map has unfolding branches and active links to other parts of WikIT. All the usual wiki access methods are here, but there are interactive mind maps as well to give a visual overview.
If you are here for the first time, you might want to start at the information maps article and use the mind map there to see what this part of WikIT contains.
Go to all articles for the full scope, but here are some key sections:
Just a few of the many satisfied users
- About WikIT in general:
- @adivik2000 said I mind map stuff but need to get professional in that.any lead?? >> @roygrubb said @adivik2000 Why not browse through the list of contents of the mind map wiki? http://bit.ly/99QEU1 >> @adivik2000 said @roygrubb Oh!Wow!Thanks a ton!! :)
- @tanialittle said Just finished reading everything you sent via the WikIT….what a phenomenal resource. I LOVE it as a planning tool. Thx again. and Hi Roy. Thx for sharing the great resources. I did the MM exercise this am and it went perfectly.
- @crellow said … good link to mind mapping methods? Learned this on a management dev. prog years ago wd like to revisit! >> @roygrubb said @crellow Try WikIT, the mindmapping wiki: http://t.co/GykYJdr List of free mm software: http://t.co/ZQhtxVK >> @crellow said @roygrubb thanks very much for this, exactly the sort of thing I wanted…..
- @jasminepowers said I only learned this about myself after reading @roygrubb’s wiki on visual thinking/mind mapping, and researching Tony Buzans methodology. then @jasminepowers said In this quest @roygrubb has been invaluable. Even Skyping me to provide additional resources. Now connected to @vizthink and other orgs.
- About the Free mind mapping software article:
- @rcoryell said @roygrubb thanks for the list. way cool
- @XxXwhatsernameX said @roygrubb Holy crap thank you soooooo much
- @biggoalscoach said @roygrubb WOW that’s like the mother-load o’mind mapping tools! Thanks for sharing Roy!
- About the advice on Which is the best mindmapping software?:
- @tarjeieo said @roygrubb … very nice overview of mindmaps. Beats the wikipedia overview by far!
- @nomorebacon said @roygrubb VERY helpful! Thank you!!!
- @openlybalanced said @roygrubb This is FANTASTIC! Thank you so much :D
- @littlehands said helpful mindmapping info: RT @roygrubb: Depends what I’m doing. Some thoughts: http://bit.ly/bDBMAD
- @roscamabbing said All you ever wanted to know about mind mapping software but were afraid to ask http://bit.ly/bDBMAD (vua @guidostompff)
- @DavidBArmstrong said @roygrubb – great mind map resource you sent me, thanks for the tip.
- @tripolinights said @roygrubb Thanks very much, a brilliant link, I’ve RT it :)
- About How to make a mind map