Introduction to WikIT
WikIT is here to provide you with a resource to help in taming the torrent of information that knowledge workers have to deal with daily. All entries that contribute to achieving that purpose in a clear and factual way that follow the policies below are welcome. This is for individuals, small businesses and even large enterprises.
Satisfied user tweets:
- Just finished reading everything you sent via the WikIT….what a phenomenal resource. I LOVE it as a planning tool. Thx again.
WikIT main areas
One of the problems with wikis is that they are very text oriented. If you can’t find the right hyperlink or think of the right word or phrase to search for, the information you want might just as well not be there.
WikIT uses mind maps as an added navigation layer as you’ll see above. Click on one of the links below the mind map image and you will be able to interact with the map in Flash or Acrobat. This map has unfolding branches and active links to other parts of WikIT. All the usual wiki access methods are here, but there are mind maps as well to give a visual overview. We have plans to enhance this further.
If you are here for the first time, you might want to start at the information maps article and use the mind map there to see what this part of WikIT contains.
Here are just a few of the main sections:
- information map types
- Information map uses
- Personal uses of mind maps
- Business uses of mind maps
- Use of mind maps in formal education
- How to make a mind map
- How to make a concept map
- Project planning with mind maps
- Creativity through mind mapping
- Free mind mapping software
- … more at the Information mapping articles browse list
Here is a list of all pages to date. Titles in italics are redirected to another article (to give alternative ways of finding a topic).